Now asthma also can be managed by practicing yoga. Some of asanas for asthma includes Pranamasana, Padahastasana, Ashwa Sanchalanasana, Parvatasana, Bhujangasana, Marjariasana, etc.
Pranamasana (Prayer Pose)
- Position yourself comfortably in a standing position so that your feet are placed together.
- Place your arms alongside your chest.
- Relax your whole body.
- However, make sure that you are breathing at regular intervals of time.
One must always enchant the Om Mitraya Namaha (Salutations to the friend of all) mantra.
It builds a state of attentiveness and quietness and helps you to meditate in a much more effective way.
Padahastasana (hand to foot pose)
- Position yourself in a comfortable position bending your upper body in the front.
- Now make your hands to touch the ground on either side or in front of the feet.
- Attempt at touching your knees with your forehead.
- Make sure you are not straining any of your muscles.
- Bear in mind to keep your legs in a vertical position.
- Breathe out as you bend frontward.
- Try to pact the stomach in the concluding position to force out most of the air from your stomach.
One must always enchant the Om Saryaya Namaha (Salutations to he who induces activity) mantra.
- It is extremely beneficial in eradicating abdomen and belly ailments.
- It helps in diminishing excess fat in the tummy region, augments the process of digestion and aids in eliminating constipation.
- It helps in perking up the blood circulation, makes the spine flexible and facilitates the spinal nerves.
Ashwa Sanchalanasana (Equestrian Pose)
- Stand in a comfortable position. Draw your right leg backward as far as you can.
- At the same time, bend the left knee; however keep the left foot at a similar position.
- The arms must be kept in a straight position.
- Make sure that the weight of the body is carried on the right knee, the left foot, the toes of the right foot and the two hands.
- The head must be slanted towards the back.
- Bend your back and look towards the ceiling.
- Breathe in while drawing out your right leg in a backward position.
One must always enchant the Om Bhanave Namaha (Salutations to he who illumines) mantra.
- It assists in pressing the abdominal organs and perks up its functioning.
- It helps in making leg muscles more flexible.
Parvatasana (Mountain Pose)
- Stand in a comfortable position.
- Draw your legs out and place the left foot in front of the right foot.
- Lift your buttocks in the air and lower your head so that it remains between the two arms.
- The body must form two edges of a triangle.
- The legs and arms must be kept straight, while you are coming back to your normal position.
- Keep in mind to keep the heels in touch with the ground while practicing this asana.
One can also enchant the Om Khagaya Namaha (Salutations to he who moves quickly in the sky) mantra.
- It helps the nerves and muscles of the arms and legs to be strengthened.
- It aids in making your body more flexible.
- It helps in toning the spinal nerves and provides them with a smooth flow of blood.
Bhujangasana (Serpent Pose)
- Lift up your body from the waist by drawing your arms out.
- Now push your head towards your back.
- Breathe in while lifting up the body and while being your back.
One can also enchant the Om Hiranya Garbhaya Namaha (Salutations to the golden cosmic self) mantra.
- This pose is extremely advantageous for all kind of stomach ailments such as upset stomach and constipation.
- Bending your back works out the spine, making the muscles flexible and invigorates your spinal nerves.
- Place yourself in Vajrasan and keep the hands on the flipside.
- Now by using support curve the body backwards and relax the head on the floor.
- One must bear in mind that the knees should be joint and must be relaxing on the ground.
- Gradually try to relax the neck, shoulders and back also on the ground.
- Make sure to keep the hands in a straight line with the thighs.
- In an ending position sit in Vajrasan while taking the help of hands and elbows.
Word of Caution
This asana must not be performed by people who are experiencing sacral ailments.
- It aids people who are suffering from respiratory disorders.
- It also helps in toning up the spinal nerves.
- It is also extremely beneficial for people who are suffering from constipation.
Go For The Best Treatment For Asthma–
The best herbal treatment available for asthma in the market is Dr. Hashmi’s Bronkill capsules. It is the safest medicine because it does not possess any kind of side effects.